Spring 2013 Awards Winners
- Classroom in the Field – Phase 2 (Cathy Law – High School): The interior courtyard space of the High School will be further developed, creating a preserve of native plant gardens to attract wildlife.
Fall 2013 Awards Winners
- Pilot Program for English Language Learners (Iva Profaci/Lynn Bartlett – Duzine): Backpacks filled with language-rich manipulatives and multimedia games to promote literacy and prompt child/parent interactions.
- Students with Ukes (Kimberly Harrison – Middle School): A classroom set of 30 ukuleles to be incorporated into the 6th grade music curriculum. Students will gain hands-on experience of major musical concepts while developing critical thinking, problem-solving, and fine motor skills.
- Author/Illustrator Visit (Elaine Thomas – Lenape): Children’s author Barbara Bash will spend the day with 3rd graders and demonstrate how an idea and illustration is turned into a book.
- Middle School Social Justice-Themed Book Club (Valerie Hughes – Middle School): Students will have the opportunity to read and discuss I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai as well as research the current social atmosphere of the Swat Valley in Pakistan and other areas of the Middle East. Students will develop a program to share what they have learned with the rest of their school community.